- Students data is updated periodically from your school board SIS and ready to use.
- List of employers grows with each new placement.
- Successfully completed credited courses and current timetable courses are transferred from the school board SIS, making the selection of a related course simple and accurate.
- Form of Experiential Learning, National Occupational Classification and Apprenticeship Trade Information pairing avoid human errors.
- Semester calendar-based placement schedules aligned with your school board.
- Placement schedule memorization feature permits flexible reproduction of workdays and work hours for all your students.
- Insurance coverage specification is linked to the placement schedule to ensure students’ safety.
- Electronic student placement record is always accessible, even once archived.
- Monitoring meetings logging tool and supporting documents allows co-op teachers to effectively access and monitor students’ progress.
- Accident and injury reporting gives you a quick access to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) guidelines and online interactive Form 7.
- Real time collaboration between the teacher, the placement supervisor, and the student in the development of his or her learning plan ensuring an ongoing dynamic process and facilitating the reviews and revisions throughout the cooperative education program.
- Helps students and teachers to determine what is best suited to their experience by providing lists of relevant examples to establish students’:
- learning goals;
- success criteria;
- assessment and evaluation strategies, and evidence of learning.
- Integrated data banks in the SCELP.
- Mobile app allows student to enter worked days details anywhere.
- Teacher log worksheet dashboard shows students weekly logs status in real time.
- Dashboard for employers to approve log worksheets without cumbersome paperwork.
- Student, employer, and teacher seamlessly inform each other about work hours, tasks executed, observations and objectives.
- Log sheet module updates placement credited hours in real-time.
The tool is very user friendly, and it will help students reflect on their experience to derive meaning from it, which is one of the necessary phases of the Experiential Learning Cycle. The reflections feature is found in the student and teacher portal:
- Teachers can create and manage a new reflection schedule for a semester and assign a question (or multiple questions) to each week. Suggested questions can be selected from a list (312 questions in 22 categories are available), or teachers can enter a custom question instead.
- Teachers have the option of giving feedback and grading the reflection.
- Students will see the assigned reflection questions and can enter, save, and submit answers.
- Students can see the grade and feedback from the teacher once done.
- Every form is pre-populated with the relevant student, employer, school, and placement information.
- Generate the SCELP, the Placement Employer and Supervisor Performance Appraisal, and the Monitoring Student Progress to monitor, assess, and evaluate students’ learning.
- Official Ministry of Education forms such as Work Education Agreement (WEA).
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) forms, Student Provincial ID card and letter of recognition required by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
- Forms and documents are branded with board and school logos.
- Generate multiple forms for one student or more.
- Up-to-date supporting resources for every type of user.
- Hands-on video tutorials on every aspect of the application for teachers, school coordinators, and students who are new to MTEL and to cooperative education.
- Complete and updated data banks integrated in MTEL:
- Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum courses defining overall and specific expectations.
- National Occupational Classification listings.
- Apprenticeship Trades Information (training standards or schedules of training) based on the information available on the Skilled Trades Ontario website.
- Personalized and cumulative employer information database for each school board.
- Archived student placement records database.
The application has helped consolidate all information in one spot. MTEL has become the go-to application that we use for Co-op. The “Team Teaching” feature allows us to work together and intervene in a shared co-op student’s placement record. I like that the SCELP process puts the students in the driver’s seat. MTEL is always quick to respond to our questions, and always listens to our feedback to enhance the application. The customer service has been absolutely fantastic.
Duane Neff and Sandi Theilheimer
Fellowes High School
Renfrew County District School Board